Friday, November 11, 2011

I Do Not Like Blogging. (sometimes)

So I just wrote a blog not to long ago and then the internet failed and I lost all my work. Im pretty mad about this situation because I am forced to write another blog. I guess that gives me a sort of intro to this new blog but it leads into a point I would like to make. That is that I wonder how much data has been lost due to computer problems. How much research and time has been lost because a computer lost a small fragment of information or just simply malfunctioned.
Wouldn't it be interesting if know one ever lost any data on the computer. Do you think we would be more scientifically advanced. Possibly, acutely most likely but wouldn't we be less advanced at having methods to back up our work. By this maybe our storage wouldn't be as advanced as it is. Maybe cloud storage and cloud computing would be non existent. Cloud storage really is not anything new its simply online storage I think that would be gone who would need to back anything up. Cloud computing maybe be around but the speeds would be slower. With the need of online back up that is just another factor forcing internet companies to research new technologies to increase the transfer speeds. The interesting thing is that uploading is significantly slower on most home services. I would say its probably 6-11% of your download speed which really blows if you are trying to back up large files. Its decent if you are just uploading word documents and smaller files. Most people don't even know about caps on there internet. Thats ok because the internet is already fast enough to support what ever anything anybody would want to do. You can do so much more now of days than we once were with dial up. That was pretty much the stone ages back n the day of dial up.... Thankfully we are gone from that basic technology that was replaced with drastically better technology. Over all for college purposes we have fast enough internet to do the assignments we need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment