Sunday, October 23, 2011

Students Without Their Parents and Twitter as a Way of meeting people

    I realize that college freshmen do a lot of stupid stuff when let loose of the grip of parental control. Some kids party more than they should. Some even party at every opportunity they get in college. The most interesting topic I have seen has by far been the lighting in dorms. I know someone that has black light for the main lighting in the room. Theres is also a strip of lighting that goes across the ceiling for even more light.When you are given the room there is only two lights. Not including the desk lights that some rooms have built into the desk. I know some one else that taped a upside down reindeer to there ceiling along with a lot of Christmas lights. This may be a tad obsessive but really if you walk around a college campus there are some strange things you will notice. Even better walk around the campus at night its a whole different experience that during that day. Even now in october before Thanks Giving there are Christmas lights on campus.
    Ever sense professor Barry had that guest speaker that told the class to start networking I got a twitter. I never have had a twitter before. I had no idea what you could use it for. I went in with a open mind and came out with something quite interesting. Saying it was a project would be appropriate for the situation. Going onto Google I searched for top 50 developers to follow on twitter. Developers being people that produce programs and such for computers. It seemed appropriate because I am currently registered as a computers science major at TLU. So I look on my twitter occasionally to see what they are saying and doing. I have deducted that many of them are either CEO's of medium sized company or have wrote a book about coding. They often talk about stuff that is not related to computers. When they talk about technically issues I often have to look up terms. I guess this is a good thing for me. I am learning more and more just by getting on a simple twitter account.

No comments:

Post a Comment